Friday 24 August 2018

Pendeford to Shroppie Bridge 7/8

Went down to Oxley Marine at 9 a.m. to get them to sort the window machine screw hole which had been drilled out too far. They said it was now ready for tapping with M5 tap, and that this was the best solution, so we went ahead. Then they went around the window inserting all the other screws, with difficulty because of the alignment issues. Orph talked about fixing the window in place there and then with the sealant they use, but that felt rushed to me. I'll run the risk of fixing it myself.

Tied up at our normal mooring between Bridges 7 and 8 on the Shroppie. Had to cope with some really heavy showers and strong winds. It blew me on to the bows of a small boat as we were coming in. I apologised but she wasn't very receptive.

New batteries seem to be working really well.

4.5 miles, 0 locks, 2 engine hours